id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 444 openvpnsrv.exe not detecting death of openvpn.exe jhaar "Hi there We had an incident over the weekend where a user reported openvpn (Win7/64bit running as a service) suddenly stopped working. They checked TaskManager and saw openvpnsrv.exe was running, but openvpn.exe was not. The service was still marked as active So they did a stop/start on the service and then it all came right. We have configured the ""openvpn service"" to autorestart after 1 minute when there's an outage, but I suspect that tracks the state of openvpnsrv.exe - not openvpn.exe? The openvpn logfile contained no explanation of what triggered his error, but EventLogs contained a record of the event (attached) So I tried duplicating this issue myself. If I kill openvpn.exe using taskkill (obviously when also running openvpn as a service), the same thing happens - it isn't auto-restarted. Surely openvpnsrv.exe should be doing that? My expectation of a service is that it's always ""running"". Thanks! " Bug / Defect closed major Generic / unclassified OpenVPN 2.3.4 (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) duplicate