Opened 3 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#1026 closed Bug / Defect (wontfix)

iOS app no longer allowing Private Key password entry

Reported by: jimdoe Owned by: Antonio
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: OpenVPN Connect Version: OpenVPN Connect for iOS v1.2.9
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords: iOS, PEM, password, passphrase, field, fail
Cc:

Description

On the latest iOS OpenVPN Connect app, version 1.2.9, I am no longer being prompted for the PEM password when importing an .ovpn configuration file that contains an encrypted pki client key.

On old versions, whenever I imported an ovpn configuration file that contained an encrypted private key, a field would automatically appear allowing me to enter the PEM password (and also to save it), but this field is no longer appearing when I import ovpn config files, which means I cannot enter the PEM password.

This means that when I try to connect to my server it is failing and the log event says 'PEM_PASSWORD_FAIL'

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by jimdoe

Never mind. I just wasn't used to the new need for PKCS#12. I'm guessing this is safer, so I should use that rather than looking for the old PEM password field.

Sorry for wasting time. Please close this

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by Antonio

embedded encrypted keys should still work. Does your key start with:
"-----BEGIN ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY-----"
?

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Antonio

Version: OpenVPN Connect for iOS v1.2.9

comment:4 in reply to:  3 Changed 3 years ago by jimdoe

Replying to ordex:
Yep, it was indeed, but the field that used to appear prompting for the password wasn't appearing.

comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by Antonio

Resolution: wontfix

There is a new app in Testflight (v3.0.x) that will be released to the public soon.

Please re-test on that release when possible and report any persisting issue to ios@…

Closing this for now

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.