Opened 9 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#546 closed Bug / Defect (fixed-external)

Access Server Initialization Script Fails when Admin Account Exists as a Group

Reported by: jar349 Owned by: jamesyonan
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: Access Server Version: OpenVPN 2.0.x (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

In my AWS console, I launched AMI "OpenVPN Access Server 2.0.17 (ami-01291e31)" and SSH'd in. As expected, the initialization script begins. However, when asked for an administrative account name, I chose "admin". The script then fails to add an "admin" user because there is a group called "admin" created by default.

This should be a fairly simple condition to discover and handle. If the entered username has a group that already exists, tell the user so and ask them whether they'd like to add the user to that group. If so, just use the "-g" flag in the useradd call. Otherwise, prompt the user for a different username.

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Samuli Seppänen

Owner: set to jamesyonan

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by novaflash

Resolution: fixed-external

Just reviewing and closing old tickets that were left open in the community site, although these were already copied into our internal tracking system and handled there.

The initialization script will be adjusted to account for this problem in a future release. I am closing this ticket here and marking it as fixed-external, even though it is not fixed yet, because we do not track Access Server issues here on the community tracker, but only in our internal issue tracker. It has been copied there and will be handled there.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.