Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#447 closed Bug / Defect (worksforme)

FreeBSD 10.0-amd64, ports/security/openvpn-devel and Bad compression stub

Reported by: pi Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Generic / unclassified Version: OpenVPN git master branch (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I recently tested openvpn-devel (DISTVERSION 201425) and had this message in the log:

Fri Sep 12 21:29:00 2014 10.8.1.2/::ffff:<some-remote-ip> Bad compression stub decompression header byte: 102

It made the VPN connection unusable for access to samba shares. icmp/ping worked.

Going back to 2.3.4 and it worked again. What can I do to help to debug this ?

Attachments (1)

201438.patch (845 bytes) - added by Eric Crist 10 years ago.
Patch for FreeBSD port for security/openvpn-devel to update to 201438

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by Gert Döring

Seems you're missing a "compress" or "comp-lzo" setting on the side where the error is seen. Or you have compiled the port without [X] LZO compression.

Can't tell you why the same config is working in 2.3.4 - it should be downwards compatible in that respect (but -devel knows many more compression algorithms, and the port has options).

To diagnose this better, I'd need to see the log file (--verb 3) on the side where the error is logged, and the config file (without passwords, public IP addresses, keys, of course).

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Eric Crist

The openvpn-devel port is a bit out of date, but I don't know that current source would resolve your issue. If you want to try something for me, please do the following:

Update the Makefile in security/openvpn-devel and change DISTVERSION = 201425 to DISTVERSION = 201438

Run "make makesum" to update the checksum.

Build that version and let me know if the problem goes away.

Alternatively, I've attached a patch for the port to this ticket.

Changed 10 years ago by Eric Crist

Attachment: 201438.patch added

Patch for FreeBSD port for security/openvpn-devel to update to 201438

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by Samuli Seppänen

Can we mark this as fixed?

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Eric Crist

Resolution: worksforme
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.