Opened 7 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#912 closed Feature Wish (worksforme)

disconnect via click/doubleclick on tray icon

Reported by: emoxam Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: release 2.4.9
Component: Windows GUI Version: OpenVPN 2.4.0 (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords: fast disconnect feauture
Cc: Selva Nair

Description

i have one openvpn connection. When i doubleclick on it with a left mouse key it connects, thats good. But when i want to disconnect i should use right mouse key and select disconnect at menu. Can we have option to disconnect via click or doubleclick with a left mouse key on tray icon?

i use
OpenVPN 2.4.3 x86_64-w64-mingw32 [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [PKCS11] [AEAD] built on Jun 20 2017
library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2l 25 May 2017, LZO 2.10
OpenVPN GUI 11.7.0.0

on windows 10 x64 (1703)

thanx

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Gert Döring

Cc: Selva Nair added
Milestone: release 2.4.3release 2.4.9

@selva: can I interest you in this? :)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by Selva Nair

But when i want to disconnect i should use right mouse key and select disconnect at menu. Can we have option to disconnect via click or doubleclick with a left mouse key on tray icon?

No need to use the right button. If there is only one profile, left-double click is mapped to

• connect if disconnected
  • show the status window if connected

Its easy to disconnect or reconnect when the status window is shown as there are buttons for it on that window.

Changing the latter to initiate a disconnection doesn't sound an intuitive UX to me. Instead, popping up the status window shows the current state to the user where she can view the log, check traffic stats or reconnect or disconnect as appropriate.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by Gert Döring

Resolution: worksforme

Sounds like a perfectly good solution today. No right-clicking needed, and all you might want to do "when the session is up" available right away.

Thanks :-) - I'm closing this, because it does (indeed) not make sense to change it.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by Gert Döring

(And apologies to the reporter for being so slow in responding to anything)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.