Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #807, comment 7

initial v1  
    1 Doing dhcp_release() in close-tun does resolve this. And release appears to work without needing admin rights, so this could be a fix for the problem I reported -- not necessarily a fix for Track 635 and similar reports with one adapter and multiple remotes.
     1Doing dhcp_release() in close_tun() does resolve this. And release appears to work without needing admin rights, so this could be a fix for the problem I reported -- not necessarily a fix for Track 665 and similar reports with one adapter and multiple remotes.
    3 We already have the code required for dhcp release -- normally called in  close_tun if {{{--dhcp-release}}} is in the config. I think it should be always called. The man page talks about some caveats of using this option but nothing mentioned sounds like "caveats".
     3We already have the code required for dhcp release -- normally called in  close_tun() if {{{--dhcp-release}}} is in the config. I think it should be always called. The man page talks about some caveats of using this option but nothing mentioned sounds like "caveats".
    55There is also an undocumented --dhcp-pre-release option to do dhcp release in open_tun which appears unnecessary as dhcp renew will lead to a release unless the address hasn't changed.