id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 691 Common name variable overwritten Claudi "I had a problem with my disconnect script and discovered this bug. I am using the $common_name variable in the disconnect script to receive the ""username"" while having ""username-as-common-name"" activated. My expected behaviour would be that the $common_name variable always includes the username submitted by the authentication script. But this is not the case. Somewhen this variable is overwritten and the common name from the certificate is written to it. Sadly I can't tell you exactly when this overwriting happens but my assumption is during a TLS renegotiation or ping timeout. It would be nice if you could fix this as I assume further problems if duplicate-cn is not activated. Then multiple people could have the same common name and would then be disconnected because of that." Bug / Defect closed major Generic / unclassified OpenVPN 2.3.11 (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) duplicate