Opened 9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#621 closed Bug / Defect (fixed)

read from TUN/TAP : <Language-oriented error message> (code=995)

Reported by: softruler Owned by:
Priority: critical Milestone:
Component: Generic / unclassified Version: OpenVPN 2.3.4 (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

In the OpenVPN log there is an error (code = 995):
[RU]: "Thu Oct 22 22:23:00 2015 read from TUN/TAP : Операция ввода/вывода была прервана из-за завершения потока команд или по запросу приложения. (code=995)"
[US]: "Thu Oct 22 22:23:00 2015 read from TUN/TAP : The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (code=995)"
I found this message in files: "kernel32.dll.mui" and "KernelBase?.dll.mui"
The error appears when you turn the laptop and boot OS (Win 8.1 x64, tap-windows-9.21.1). After connecting to the server log is written one line specified above. In just a few seconds, the log grows to gigabytes. After rebooting, the error no appears.

Attachments (1)

openvpn.zip (23.8 KB) - added by softruler 9 years ago.
Log file in archive

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 9 years ago by softruler

Attachment: openvpn.zip added

Log file in archive

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by softruler

I found a similar problem on a different computer with Windows 8.1 x64 and tap-windows-9.21.1 adapter.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by eas2lv

This has been fixed in later versions. Use 2.3.6 or later.

Unfortunately, the fix also causes openvpn to exit on suspend (sleep). If you use the GUI this may not be an issue -- the GUI will restart openvpn on resume. So will nssm. If you use the service, there is no solution to the suspend/resume issue as yet.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by Gert Döring

Resolution: fixed

What eas2lv said - this has been fixed, and 2.3.4 is old (and if you use the windows installer we provided back then, it also has vulnerable OpenSSL, so "upgrade!").

2.3.9 will have the "do not die at suspend/resume time" bugfixe.

Closing this ticket for the time being - if you still have problems with a more recent version, plesae reopen.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.