id,summary,reporter,owner,description,type,status,priority,milestone,component,version,severity,resolution,keywords,cc 505,BSOD on Windows 8.1 client when issuing a ping with windows vista client software,byggwir,Samuli Seppänen,"I have a 100% reproducible bug on 2 different Windows 8.1 machines (up-to-date installations). Virus scanners are different: one is antivir the other bitdefender both the free versions. Installed the following versions: openvpn-install.2.3.6-I601-i686.exe openvpn-install.2.3.6-I601-x86_64.exe openvpn-install.2.3.4-I603-x86_64.exe openvpn-install.2.3.4-I605-x86_64.exe Note: all versions are tagged for Windows Vista or later in 32 or 64 bit. See below for working versions. They all show the following behavior. Reproducing steps: 1. Start OpenVPN GUI as Administrator 2. connect to VPN (ips of VPN is 10.8...) 3. open a cmd line (not as administrator - didn't test other) issue a: 4. ping 192.xxx.xxx.xx - where the ip is lying on VPN side. A routing is configured to send it through VPN. 5. -> Blue Screen (BSOD) immediately. What version work: The Versions tagged: Windows XP or later (all of them i tryed: 2.3.4. and 2.3.6 of 32bit and one of 64bit). Info: Server is a debian wheezy hosting the VPN. The server pinged to inside the VPN is a VM with Ubuntu 14.10 Pushes a route to clients sending request to the internal subnet of 192.x.x.x via VPN. Windows Clients: No special set-up I know of. firewalls are active. Virus Scanners also. One test was with deactivated client side firewall and deactivated virus scanner. One test was with deactivated server side firewall. All failed with the said versions. Error message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys)",Bug / Defect,closed,critical,release 2.4,Generic / unclassified,OpenVPN 2.3.6 (Community Ed),"Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer)",worksforme,BSOD Windows 8.1 Client Ping,Samuli Seppänen