id,summary,reporter,owner,description,type,status,priority,milestone,component,version,severity,resolution,keywords,cc 394,OpenVPN GUI shouldn't (always) error when already running,tlhackque,Heiko Hund,"For windows, I have an installer that installs a config file and creates a desktop shortcut for ""Connect to fooService"". The target is ""C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui --connect fooService.ovpn"". If openvpn-gui is '''not''' running, activating the shortcut does what's expected: starts the GUI and the GUI starts the tunnel. If the user disconnects the tunnel, openvpn-gui does not exit. (OK) Now, activating the shortcut results in ""OpenVPN GUI is already running"" as a pop-up error window. This is not a good user experience. The user doesn't care that the '''GUI''' is running; the '''tunnel''' is not, and he wants it activated. The second instance should simply pass the 'connect' command to the first instance and exit. Then the first instance can connect (or say 'already connected to ...'). I think this is a bug because the current behavior violates the principle of least surprise - though I suppose some might call it a feature request. This has been experienced on XP SP3, though I would expect other versions to behave the same way.",Feature Wish,closed,minor,,Windows GUI,OpenVPN 2.3.2 (Community Ed),"Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer)",fixed,,