Multiple --up scripts and no error
|Reported by:||dazo||Owned by:||dazo|
|Component:||Configuration||Version:||2.1.0 / 2.1.1|
|Severity:||Patch Queue: In progress||Keywords:|
Description (last modified by dazo)
It seems that openvpn doesn't allow multiple --up (probably --down, too) scripts in configuration file.
The problem is that if multiple up scripts are placed in configuration only one is run but unfortunately openvpn doesn't issue error message about duplicated entries.
There are two solutions:
1) issue error message if duplication happens
2) implement support for running multiple scripts with multiple "up" commands (just like multiple route commands are allowed). This one is prefered :-)
Response from janjust:
option 1 sounds like a good idea but then it would have to apply to *all*
options; if we do that then it becomes annoying to overrule a config file
option with a command-line option ...
option 2 is not an option.
Change History (8)
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by dazo
- Resolution set to waiting for patch review
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by dazo
- Resolution waiting for patch review deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by dazo
- Milestone set to beta 2.2
- Severity changed from Not set (if unsure, select this one) to Patch Queue: New / awaiting ACK
- Status changed from reopened to assigned
Changed 7 years ago by dazo
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by dazo
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed