Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#1365 closed Feature Wish (wontfix)

Android: Simultaneous operation of 2 or more VPN channels

Reported by: sciensys Owned by: OpenVPN Inc.
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Networking Version: OpenVPN Connect for Android
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Android: Simultaneous operation of 2 or more VPN channels.

needed option to select mode:
Nesting ON OFF (default OFF)

If OFF - before connecting next new VPN channel, add route for its VPN IP with primary gate, to avoid nesting vpn

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by Gert Döring

Owner: set to denys

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by OpenVPN Inc.

Owner: changed from denys to OpenVPN Inc.

Hello sciensys,

The open source bug tracking system here is not the correct place to report bugs regarding the commercial software OpenVPN Connect v3. The appropriate location to report issues with that software is on the official support ticket system at https://openvpn.net/support

I am just going through old tickets that were left open and cleaning them up. This ticket was left open so I'm addressing it now, and leaving information for other people searching on this topic and reading it. I will be closing this ticket as well.

But the question seems irrelevant now. From what our developers tell me, the Android VPN service API doesn't allow multiple connections. That aside, we make a conscious decision in the OpenVPN Connect software to not support multiple simultaneous connections. By far the great majority of our users are end-users that do not know how to deal with routing conflicts when connecting to multiple servers - it is best avoided. Therefore it is limited to just 1 connection at a time. If you need more, open source client software is available that can do multiple connections, like OpenVPN GUI and Tunnelblick. But multiple connections are possible only if the platform allows it. Android's VPN service API doesn't allow it.

Kind regards,
Johan

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by OpenVPN Inc.

Resolution: wontfix
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.