id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 1292 Openvpn client 3.2.0 fails to connect parser_cert_crl_error reetp "Since the update to 3.2.0 which seems to have occurred over the weekend, all my iphone clients are now failing to connect to my server with this error, and no indication of what it actually means or how to fix it. They all worked perfectly on Friday, and not today. Client error 3.2.0 (3253) There was an error attempting to connect to the selected server Error message: parser_cert_crl_error ca cert/crl content ended unexpectedly without end marker Server OpenVPN 2.4.8 x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu [Fedora EPEL patched] [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Nov 1 2019 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013, LZO 2.03 It seems the client makes no attempt to even connect to the server, so presumably it is unhappy about something to do with with configuration but no indication of what. No warning that updates make break things etc which is very disappointing. I am not sure how you can release something that breaks stuff overnight, especially now in the middle of a pandemic when so many more people rely on VPNs for work. I am wondering if this is connected: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/1290 " Bug / Defect closed major Generic / unclassified Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) notabug