Opened 4 years ago

Closed 17 months ago

#1261 closed Bug / Defect (notabug)

TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds

Reported by: usuariomonesterio Owned by: tct
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Generic / unclassified Version: OpenVPN 2.4.8 (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords: openvpn 2.4.8 i602, error tls
Cc:

Description

good evening i am trying to configure openvpn but it gives a TLS error. Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds, I have disabled antivirus, firewall, also port 1194 allowed in firewall in and out, port open and still not working. What could be the problem?

Mon Mar 16 20:06:52 2020 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Mon Mar 16 20:06:52 2020 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by tct

Owner: set to tct

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by Gert Döring

Hard to say. This could be an incorrect server setup (firewall on the server side), wrong port, wrong IP address, wrong TLS certificate, ...

With verb 4 in the client config, the client will log many more details what it does and what works and what not.

Generally speaking, this sort of "I try a standard setup and it does not work" should be addressed to whoever operates the VPN service you are connecting to, not the the openvpn developers.

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by tct

This is probably the best place to start:
https://forums.openvpn.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22603#p68963

comment:4 Changed 17 months ago by Gert Döring

Resolution: notabug

Closing this. If we never hear from reporters again, we can't provide better answers.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.