#1178 closed User question (duplicate)

Forgot password to Community OpenVPNGUI

Reported by: mykelboss45 Owned by: Selva Nair
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Windows GUI Version:
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Hi,

I forgot my password to OpenVPNGUI, had the saved password checkbox checked, but
when i tried logging in after 5 months, i cant remember password.

Is there a way to reset this? i tried reinstalling and installing and it did not work.

I do not see a option to reset password, if its possible to do myself. I am using version 2.6

Thanks

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 18 months ago by Selva Nair

Your password is set on the VPN server. Contact your OpenVPN server provider/administrator to reset the password. The GUI just saves the password after a successful authentication with the server. If an authentication failure happens, the saved password is automatically erased. Or you can manually erase it, but that won't reset your password.

If the password was saved earlier, the dialog should open with password filled in and let you connect but not possible to see the saved password in clear, if that's what you want.

comment:2 Changed 18 months ago by Selva Nair

hmm.. ignore the above if this is about access server. I assumed you meant the Windows OpenVPN-GUI but just noticed that the report is about "access server".

comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by Selva Nair

Component: Access ServerWindows GUI
Owner: changed from jamesyonan to Selva Nair
Resolution: duplicate
Type: Bug / DefectUser question

See #1179

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.