id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 105 Lack of support for characters above the 7-bit range in Common Name, X509 Subject and username strings Samuli Seppänen "This ticket is migrated from SF.net. Dazo's analysis: I just checked the source code, and it will allow the lower 7bits to pass through when ''--no-name-remapping'' is done. The 7bit range are between the value between 0 and 127 (0x7F). For non-English based names/data, this can be too restrictive as they might expect 8bit width (0-255/0xFF) or support for UTF-8/UTF-16 character sets. CR (0x0D) and LF (0x0A) are replaced with '_' (underbar). Tabs, despite what the documentation says, are passed through, as far as I can understand. In general characters below the value of 32 (0x20) should not need to be passed through at all - but that's another discussion. However, to widen up this range further needs to be investigated much closer. Especially to support multi-byte characters via UTF-8/UTF-16. Anyhow, I think the core issue of this ticket is lack of support for characters above the 7bit range." Bug / Defect closed minor beta 2.3 Certificates OpenVPN git master branch (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) fixed