Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#1016 assigned Feature Wish

iOS: OpenVPN Connect clears unsaved credentials on exit with save slider enabled

Reported by: hunterx1 Owned by: OpenVPN Inc.
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: OpenVPN Connect Version: OpenVPN Connect for iOS v1.2.7
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords: credentials, clear, exit
Cc:

Description

When attempting to enter NEW credentials for an ovpn profile, exiting or re-entering the app at any point will clear both the username and password fields. It will not matter which order the fields are populated, or if the save slider is enabled at the time of exit. The App only seems to "Save" on a connection attempt.

I propose that the credential values get saved on exit if the Save slider is enabled.

For context:
I keep my credentials in a password repository, and I can only copy one value at a time. The problem is that for someone who must enter either the username or the password separately, at no point will the credentials be complete if the user needs to exit to retrieve the other value. The only way I have found to enter credentials in this way is to enter the valid password (or valid username and bogus password), attempt a connection (bad credentials). Exit, retrieve the other value, enter it, and reconnect (good credentials).

rated minor for workaround, and typed it a feature request instead of a bug due to the clearing being clearly by design.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Antonio Quartulli

Summary: OpenVPN Connect clears unsaved credentials on exit with save slider enablediOS: OpenVPN Connect clears unsaved credentials on exit with save slider enabled

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by Gert Döring

Owner: set to yuriy

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Gert Döring

Owner: changed from yuriy to denys

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Antonio Quartulli

Owner: changed from denys to OpenVPN Inc.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.