= OpenVPN Hackathon 2013 = == who == This is organized by Gert Döring (cron2) and sponsored by Spacenet AG (http://www.space.net/). We have space for about 10 people in the conference room I have booked so far, so I'd limit this to "active developers that are also regularily contributing to #openvpn-devel or the mailing list". If there is overwhelming interest, I can get a larger room, but then the address listed below would change (still in Munich, but not as centrally located). == who is coming? == ||= Name =||= Topics =||= Arrival =||= Departure =|| || Gert Döring || no particular topics || Fri morning-ish || Sun, late night || || Heiko Hund || OpenVPN Windows Interactive Service[[BR]]General OpenVPN for Windows architecture || Fri. noon-ish || Sun. evening || || David Sommerseth || Maintainer [[BR]] Plug-in API [[BR]] GUI on Linux || Fri, 15-ish || Sun afternoon/evening || || Arne Schwabe || OpenVPN Dual Stack [[BR]] OpenVPN for Android || Fri noo-ish || Monday || || Steffan Karger || tbd || Friday || Sunday || || Adriaan de Jong || tbd, probably some PolarSSL/Elliptic curve work, open crypto trac tickets || Friday || Sunday || || Samuli Seppänen || Ticket review, CLA, OpenVPN 2.4/3.0, NSIS ||Friday 11:00||Sunday 18:20|| == where? == We'll meet in one of the office locations of Spacenet. The address is: {{{ SpaceNet AG Landsberger Strasse 155 80687 München (Munich) Germany }}} see [https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Landsberger+Stra%C3%9Fe+155,+M%C3%BCnchen&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=48.139892,11.526031&spn=0.002957,0.003358&sll=48.917413,11.407993&sspn=4.216739,6.877441&oq=landsb&hnear=Landsberger+Stra%C3%9Fe+155,+Laim+80687+M%C3%BCnchen&t=h&z=18 google maps]. The entrance is in the upper left corner on the inside of the "#" formed building. This location is easy to reach by car or by public transport (Tram from central station). Details will follow. == when? == The hackathon will take place from Nov 15 (Friday), 2013 to Nov 17 (Sunday). The room is ours for the full 3 days, and I (cron2) will be there at Friday 09:30-ish. I have no confirmed arrival dates from anyone else yet... == food == I'll sponsor soft drinks and snacks, and the conference room. Depending on the number of people in the end, I'll sponsor a "Weisswurstfrühstück" for Sunday. For lunch, there's lots of nice small restaurants in the area, so we'll find something better than in Brussels. For dinner, nothing particular has been planned yet. == what? == So what is the goal of the Hackathon? * meet in person, talk about things * contributors agreement (CLA) for OpenVPN 3 * future development of 2.x and 3.x * GPL violation on multiple apps on the play store * hack on the 2.4 codebase - there's a number of "large" things we could try to tackle * dual-stack patches * openvpn interactive service * work on open trac issues * lots of things to review and bugs to fix I'm all open for additions here - I think the meetings in Brussels have shown that "just being able to sit together and hack" is a useful excercise. Add reasonable food, air condition, etc. and things should be even better. == Internet == of course there will be free WiFi available, and for bandwidth junkies, wired Internet as well :-) - Spacenet is an Internet service provider, and that's one of their core locations, connected with multiple 10Gbit links to the world... == accomodation == * "Motel One Munich City West" has been recommended as "being close, reasonably priced, and generally OK"