Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of 263-openvpn-can-ping-both-peers-but-i-cant-reach-any-of-the-other-machines-on-the-remote-subnet

Ignore:
Timestamp:
01/30/14 16:08:14 (10 years ago)
Author:
Samuli Seppänen
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • 263-openvpn-can-ping-both-peers-but-i-cant-reach-any-of-the-other-machines-on-the-remote-subnet

v1 v1  
     1= OpenVPN can ping both peers, but I can't reach any of the other machines on the remote subnet. =
     3{{{
     4#!html
     5<div>
     6<li>Make sure that the firewall is not filtering the TUN/TAP interface.</li>
     7<li>Make sure you have <a href="/index.php/open-source/faq.html#ip-forward">IP forwarding</a> enabled on the server.</li>
     8<li>If you are using routing (not ethernet bridging), make sure the clients (or LAN gateway) have a route back to the server for the packets coming in over the tunnel. This can be done by: 
     9<ul>
     10<li>adding a route in your default gateway for the VPN network IP subnet pointing to the OpenVPN machine,</li>
     11<li>adding a route to every client, or</li>
     12<li>NATing all VPN traffic to the local address of the OpenVPN machine for network traffic which leaves the OpenVPN machine for the local net.</li>
     13</ul>
     14</li>
     15<li>If you are still stumped, use <strong>tcpdump</strong>, <strong>wireshark</strong>, or <strong>WinDump</strong> to determine where packets are being dropped.</li>
     16</div>
     17}}}
     19[wiki:FAQ Return to FAQ]