id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 811 Cannot launch OpenVPN GUI without admin privileges hakster Selva Nair "I am running 64bit Windows 10 (1607 14393.576). I was running OpenVPN 2.3.13 (default install options and path) with no issues. I downloaded ""OpenVPN 2.4.0 -- released on 2016.12.27"" from the community section of the main web site. I installed it with all default options, except that under ""Advanced"" I de-selected ""auto-start GUI upon user logon"". It installed fine with no errors. However, when I run the GUI, I get ""CreateProcess failed, exe=C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn.exe"", cmdline=openvpn --version dir=C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin"". The paths look correct, and have not changed between 2.3.13 and 2.4.0. Registry values under HKLS and HKCU look correct - but not 100% sure if relevant settings are in the right one or if this matters. The 3 OpenVPN services are installed, with the new one running - tried rebooting and restarting the running service, no change. Also - running the OpenVPN GUI ""as Administrator"" everything works perfectly. Similarly, the command line also works fine ""as Administrator"". With admin rights, the command line fails with access denied on the route additions, but this may be expected." User question closed major Windows GUI OpenVPN 2.4.0 (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) notabug gui admin createprocess tincanteksup@… Samuli Seppänen