Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #807, comment 5

initial v1  
    33For me its the issue of a disconnected adapter (adapter1) still holding an address which tap driver wants to assign to another one (adapter2). On further testing see that that this happens often when there are multiple adapters and connections started in random order unless one always use a particular adapter with a particular connection (which is what I normally do).
    5 As for one adapter, Windows is unlikely to just grab the previous address as usually its sin is "spamming" the dhcp server too often. Based on some sniffing I see windows always sending out dhcp discover and getting a responce when connection comes up -- it does request the exiting address first but the tap driver denies it and then it accepts the new one. So assigning a new address to an adapter should work without any timing issues.
     5As for one adapter, Windows is unlikely to just grab the previous address as usually its sin is "spamming" the dhcp server too often. Based on some sniffing I see windows always sending out dhcp discover and getting a response when connection comes up -- it does request the existing address first but the tap driver denies it and then it accepts the new one. So assigning a new address to an adapter should work without any timing issues.
    77So the reports on multiple connections + 1 adapter not working is still a mystery to me..