Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #646, comment 18

v2 v3  
    55My system /dev/urandom is working just fine all of the time, therfore the build process tests have all succeeded (and, the server starts just fine if not in the chroot as well).
    7 If OpenVPN can access and make use of the chrooted environment, I guess it shouldn't be too difficult also to create /dev/urandom, if not there already. I've created the missing device (in linux) simply launching "mknod urandom c 1 9" in the chrooted dev directory (that I had to create manually as well). This at least prevents OpenVPN to start my server successfully (I don't know the usefulness of such a device for OpenSSL / the quality of the randomness provided with it though).
     7If OpenVPN can access and make use of the chrooted environment, I guess it shouldn't be too difficult also to create /dev/urandom, if not there already. I've created the missing device (in linux) simply launching "mknod urandom c 1 9" in the chrooted dev directory (that I had to create manually as well).
     9This at least prevents OpenVPN my server to fail to start (I don't know the usefulness of such a device for OpenSSL / the quality of the randomness provided with it though).