id,summary,reporter,owner,description,type,status,priority,milestone,component,version,severity,resolution,keywords,cc 603,Tunnel latency issues on Windows 7,JohnDoe123,Samuli Seppänen,"OpenVPN users on Windows 7 are suffering from high, seemingly ""random"" tunnel latency. The problem can be reproduced very easily by following these steps (make sure that all client traffic is routed through the tunnel): 1. Do a fresh install of Windows 7. 2. Install the Firefox Web browser. 3. Establish a connection to an OpenVPN server (protocol does _not_ matter, both UDP and TCP are affected). 4. Run a ping to any reliable server, I used 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS). 5. Launch the Firefox web browser. Ping will spike multiple times for seemingly no reason. This does not only happen when launching the web browser but also on other events. This effectively renders the tunnel unusuable, downloads will slow down to a crawl until they finally time out, etc. I tried to reproduce this bug on several operating systems and linux distributions using the same config and binaries (Windows 2000, Windows XP, Debian 7, Arch) and didn't notice anything unusual, so it seems that only Windows 7 is affected. I can provide a packet dump if neccesary.",Bug / Defect,assigned,critical,release 2.3.14,Networking,OpenVPN 2.3.8 (Community Ed),"Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer)",,tap-windows tap6,Samuli Seppänen tct