Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #592, comment 40

initial v1  
    1 I can confirm that what Clodo has reported is being experienced by us with the latest Windows 10 patch.
    3 We have a number of laptops on which the OpenVPN client was installed prior to W10v1511b10585.0, which continue to work fine.  However, we have one laptop which was updated to this latest version of Windows 10 on which now the OpenVPN installation times out during the TAP driver installation.
    5 Again as Clodo has reported I see the TAP-V9 device show up under Device Manager, but then switch to Unknown Device after the post-install fail.  I will attempt to reboot and see if the adapter shows up properly.  However, our usecase is slightly different in that we start openvpn as a Delayed Start service so that the user in the field doesn't require Administrator privileges.  OpenVPN-GUI is not used.
    7 The c:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log log file is as reported above, and so I won't repeat.  However, I am enclosing a screenshot of the error displayed when attempting a manual installation of tap-windows.  A (possible) relevant line might be "UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDeviceFailed, Get Last Error=1460"
    9 [[Image(<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=303BAC92F97C2745&resid=303BAC92F97C2745%21121595&authkey=ALyGh1c4hMhnIB0" width="320" height="249" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>)]]