id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 573 "Client on Fedora 21: config option ""auth-user-pass"" works when in config file, but not on command line" tarquinq "Description of problem: OpenVPN client supports automated password entry from a file. The specific option is ""auth-user-pass"". When I specify this option inside a config file, it works, and VPN connects. When I specify this option on the command line, it ignores it, and doesn't prompt for it. I have run an strace on it, and when passed via command-line, the program _never_ checks for the file on-disk (which it does, successfully, when passed in via config file), so I'm guessing the command line parsing is wrong somehow. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): Fedora release : 21 OpenVPN Version : 2.3.7 Release : 1.fc21 Architecture : armv7hl Source RPM : openvpn-2.3.7-1.fc21.src.rpm How reproducible: Always, I think. I've only got one username & password, and it does it every time for me! Steps to Reproduce: 1. Create a file on-disk, 2 lines, username on 1st line & password on 2nd (bare config lines, just the two words on two lines) 2. Start Openvpn client with a config file containing the line ""auth-user-pass /path/to/file.conf"" - watch it succeed! 3. Start Openvpn client with ""openvpn --auth-user-pass /path/to/file.conf"" as one of the command-line options - watch it ignore the option and ask you for a password (and blast systemD ask-pass Wall messages!). Actual results: Password requested interactively from user on command line. Expected results: Password read from on-disk file and auto-connect. Additional info: No X, GUI, or NetworkManager-controlled hilarity, this is just a headless command-line system. First logged via Fedora Bugzilla, referred upstream; https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1238733 " Bug / Defect closed minor Configuration OpenVPN 2.3.8 (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) wontfix plaisthos tct David Sommerseth