Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #555, comment 6

initial v1  
    1515I would even go as far to say that the "fork on GitHub" feature is also a poor feature.  There are currently 1070 forks of the OpenVPN repository on GitHub.  I strongly doubt we would have had even close to 100 or even 50 new contributors if we fully embraced the GitHub model.  It is even so many forks that GitHub gives up providing a fork-tree to give an impression of how it has branched out.  And it wouldn't even surprise me that the vast majority of forks are even lingering way far (more than 3-4 months at least) behind the our current master branch.  And this situation with out-dated forks isn't even unique to OpenVPN; this is something easily spotted in most GitHub hosted projects.
    17 So our decisions still stands firm.  Not saying things will change in the future, but based on what is available today: Keeping things as they are keeps holding our maintenance burden low enough and keeps us developers focused on the submitted patches.
     17So our decisions still stands firm.  Not saying things won't change in the future, but based on what is available today: Keeping things as they are keeps holding our maintenance burden low enough and keeps us developers focused on the submitted patches.