Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #480, comment 8

initial v1  
    1 So I finally found some time to look into a workaround.  See the attached patch.  Instead of changing the init order, I just reload the engines.  Unfortunately, I do not have a proper FreeBSD+cryptodev test setup available, not do I have to time to set one up.  So all I could do is verify that this does not break anything for my test setups.  Could someone with a FreeBSD+cryptodev setup please check that the attached patch (150322-Reload-OpenSSL-engines-after-forking.patch) indeed fixes this issue?  As soon as I have confirmation, I'll send the patch to the openvpn-devel mailinglist for processing.
     1So I finally found some time to look into a workaround.  See the attached patch.  Instead of changing the init order, I just reload the engines.  Unfortunately, I do not have a proper FreeBSD+cryptodev test setup available, nor do I have to time to set one up.  So all I could do is verify that this does not break anything for my test setups.  Could someone with a FreeBSD+cryptodev setup please check that the attached patch (150322-Reload-OpenSSL-engines-after-forking.patch) indeed fixes this issue?  As soon as I have confirmation, I'll send the patch to the openvpn-devel mailinglist for processing.