Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #424, comment 14

initial v1  
    11I'm also very interested.  Android here, but I would have the same need on iOS if I had an Apple device.  I have a few apps that work with different home devices and they only work if the phone is on the same network as the device.  The TUN interface is not sufficient.  The devices still refuse to work.
    3 I went so far as to pay $7.99 for a 3rd party OpenVPN client (called literally "OpenVPN Client") by colucci-web.it that includes TAP emulation and it works like a charm!
     3I went so far as to pay $7.99 for a 3rd party OpenVPN client (called literally "OpenVPN Client") by colucci-web.it that includes TAP emulation and it works like a charm! (There are reviews from other users who say the TAP emulation didn't work for them, but it worked for me.  One possibility for the users who say it didn't work is user error in not knowing how to set it up.  Not saying that's every case, but it's a possibility.  I had no issue at all getting it to work.)
    55It unfortunately looks like this 3rd party vendor doesn't make an iOS version of their client.  (I haven't researched whether there are other iOS 3rd party OpenVPN clients that might include TAP emulation.)