Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #424, comment 12

initial v1  
    1 Yes, of course I am interested; if I can bridge my iPhone straight into my home LAN, I can then immediately use Apple HomeKit.  This has been confirmed from my Apple laptop running macOS Mojave with OpenVPN bridge into my home LAN (it can run my Apple Homekit functions flawlessly).  Since I don't watch television, I do not currently own a Apple TV, and I never got an iPad, so while I'm waiting for those pieces of hardware to be ordered and arrive (on which Apple has software to support HomeKit remotely), I need a software solution to control my home network appliances.
     1Yes, of course I am interested; if I can bridge my iPhone straight into my home LAN, I can then immediately use Apple Home Kit.  This has been confirmed from my Apple laptop running macOS Mojave with OpenVPN bridge into my home LAN (it can run my Apple Home Kit functions flawlessly).  Since I don't watch television, I do not currently own an Apple TV, and I never got an iPad, so while I'm waiting for those pieces of hardware to be ordered and arrive (on which Apple has software to support Home Kit remotely), I need a software solution to control my home network appliances.
    33One option I might think of trying is to bring my laptop, connect to a wifi network, set up the OpenVPN bridge to my LAN, and then export that OpenVPN LAN to my iPhone via USB, but there are five problems with that: