id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 249 Installer script bugs aerDNA Samuli Seppänen "I found two problems with the v2.3 installer: 1) '\OpenVPN' is not appended to path when install dir is changed on MUI_PAGE_INSTFILES (dir selection). 2) specifying the install dir on the command line (/D=) has no consequence, making it impossible to silently install OpenVPN to a non-default directory. The cause of problem No.1 is that the InstallDir attribute was omitted from the script. Current script uses the following code to set default install dir with regard to architecture: {{{ Function .onInit ... ${If} ""${ARCH}"" == ""x86_64"" SetRegView 64 StrCpy $INSTDIR ""$PROGRAMFILES64\${PACKAGE_NAME}"" ${Else} StrCpy $INSTDIR ""$PROGRAMFILES\${PACKAGE_NAME}"" ${EndIf} ... FunctionEnd }}} This works fine but it doesn't make the InstallDir attribute redundant. InstallDir shouldn't have been removed because it serves another purpose - the part of the string after the last '\' is what gets appended when the user changes the install dir. Problem No.2 is directly tied to the above code. The current script always sets $INSTDIR to default in .onInit and thus overwrites the value possibly set by the /D switch. And the solution to both problems is: {{{ InstallDir ""$PROGRAMFILES\${PACKAGE_NAME}"" ... Function .onInit ... ${If} ""${ARCH}"" == ""x86_64"" SetRegView 64 StrCmp $INSTDIR ""$PROGRAMFILES\${PACKAGE_NAME}"" 0 +2 StrCpy $INSTDIR ""$PROGRAMFILES64\${PACKAGE_NAME}"" ${EndIf} ... FunctionEnd }}} Sorry if my report doesn't conform to standards, but better to report bugs some way than no way I suppose. Anyway, I know my NSIS and what I wrote is definitely correct." Bug / Defect closed minor release 2.4 Installation OpenVPN git master branch (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) fixed