id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 248 Fix --askpass not allowing for password input via stdin jgeboski "I was recently writing a small script to use to get my VPN session authenticated. I saw the --askpass option in the manual, which I intended to use with --daemon. However, I quickly ran into an error with the --askpass parameter. {{{ # openvpn --config client.conf --askpass Options error: --askpass fails with 'stdin': No such file or directory Options error: Please correct these errors. Use --help for more information. }}} This patch resolves --askpass treating stdin as a file during the file access check. In turn, this leads to openvpn failing to start if this option is set to stdin. By default, --askpass reads the certificate's password from stdin rather than a file. Without passing the CHKACC_ACPTSTDIN flag to check_file_access(), stdin is marked as being a nonexistent file. James" Patch submission closed major release 2.3.8 Generic / unclassified OpenVPN git master branch (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) fixed askpass