id summary reporter owner description type status priority milestone component version severity resolution keywords cc 139 WARNING: file server.key is group or others accessible even with chmod 0400 totaluser "I was crosscompiling OpenVPN 2.2.0 sources and OpenSSL 1.0.0d yesterday I used this config '''OpenSSL''' ''./Configure linux-generic32 && make'' '''OpenVPN''' ''./configure --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc --disable-lzo --with-ssl-headers=/home/martin/Downloads/openssl-1.0.0d/include/ --with-ssl-lib=/home/martin/Downloads/openssl-1.0.0d/'' then I added ''-static'' flag into ''LIBS'' in Makefile and ran ''make'' the binary works fine and does not show any warnings today I was trying to make the binary as small as possible '''OpenSSL''' ''./Configure linux-generic32 no-bf no-camellia no-seed no-krb5 no-idea no-cast no-asm no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-ripemd no-capieng no-mostasm no-cms no-gms'' then I added ''-ldl'' flag into ''SHARED_LDFLAGS'' and ran ''make depend && make'' '''OpenVPN''' ''./configure --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc --disable-lzo --with-ssl-headers=/home/martin/Downloads/openssl-1.0.0d/include/ --with-ssl-lib=/home/martin/Downloads/openssl-1.0.0d/ --disable-selinux --enable-small --disable-debug --disable-pkcs11 --disable-plugins'' then I added ''-ldl'' flag into ''LDFLAGS'' and ran ''make'' the binary works fine but show this line in log '''WARNING: file server.key is group or others accessible''' when the file is created the command ''chmod 0400 system.key'' is issued and the permissions are set correctly I used compiler from this toolchain '''toolchain-mipsel_gcc4.1.2''' which can be downloaded from here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/sourcecode/toolchains/current-toolchains.tar.bz2 the binary works fine but I am curios what option causes it to warn me about something that is not true the binaries can be downloaded from my dropbox account http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29867397/openvpn.WARN http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29867397/openvpn.noWARN none are stripped, hence the filesize (winth statically linked I can reduce it by ~30kB, with dynamically linked I can reduce it by ~1500kB) " Bug / Defect closed minor Generic / unclassified OpenVPN 2.2.0 (Community Ed) Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) duplicate