Opened 5 years ago

Closed 16 months ago

#1184 closed Bug / Defect (wontfix)

Android OpenVPN Connect: "option_error: remote option not specified" when importing file from SD card

Reported by: DartVeDroid Owned by: OpenVPN Inc.
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: OpenVPN Connect Version:
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords: option_error remote SD card
Cc:

Description

First of all, I'm sorry for my English.
I was trying to import my client profile (produced by my Wi-Fi router). The app just says:
"Failed to import profile
Failed to import profile: option_error: remote option not specified"
I've spent about an hour googling about CRLF and another issues, and (in desperation) decided to try e-mail the file to myself (found that solution among the other things). And do you know what? It worked! I've compared two files (copied directrly from PC to SD card and downloaded from web) via SVN client - and found that they were similar. "WTF?!" I thought, and after some time finally figured out the problem.
Could you dev team modify datachecking algorithm to exclude the problem? I mean, the message about an error were lying right into my eyes, and it feels that it were you who lied to me. Not a pleasant feel. Thank yoy in advance.
ASUS ZB602KL, Android 8.1.0
OpenVPN Connect version is 3.0.5 (b1816) actually, but it's just not one of the version variants.
Priority is "major", because, as I think, it's not a hard task.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by DartVeDroid

It's definetely not a good experience, when you firstly use a LF version of file, then CRLF, and finally realize that CR is not a right choice too.

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by DartVeDroid

Like, you know, what the heck do you need else, Shaitan-device!? I've almost believed in God.

Version 0, edited 5 years ago by DartVeDroid (next)

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Gert Döring

Owner: changed from yuriy to denys

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Antonio Quartulli

Owner: changed from denys to OpenVPN Inc.

comment:5 Changed 16 months ago by Gert Döring

Resolution: wontfix

OpenVPN Inc does not want to receive any feedback for the "Connect"
OpenVPN clients via the community bug trackers (here and in GH issues).

Please resubmit - if still relevant - via https://support.openvpn.net/

(Generally speaking: use OpenVPN for Android (ics-openvpn) instead of OpenVPN Connect, it's just the better app, and will most likely just do the right thing automatically)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.