id,summary,reporter,owner,description,type,status,priority,milestone,component,version,severity,resolution,keywords,cc 116,Very slow initialization and inactivity timeout with PKCS#11,jaanvajakas,,"I am trying to connect using PKCS#11 authentication (with an esteid smart card). OpenVPN takes a long time to initalize the connection (2 minutes and 11 seconds from entering PIN to ""Initialization Sequence Completed"") and after that it immediately says ""Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting"", forcing me to re-enter the PIN; it will never manage to connect successfully. In the log (with the option verb 11) I can see that OpenVPN spends most of it time in __pkcs11h_forkFixup that it performs before ""/sbin/route add"" calls (8 seconds for each __pkcs11h_forkFixup call). Maybe this is the problem found by Jan Just Keijser: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvpn.devel/4129 I am using openSUSE 11.4 and openVPN 2.1.4; openVPN 2.2-RC2 displayed the same behavior. ",Bug / Defect,closed,major,,Generic / unclassified,OpenVPN 2.1.4 (Community Ed),"Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer)",fixed,,