Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #1142, comment 6

v2 v3  
    88>@KarlChilders? : "We" are still curious, under what circumstances would you choose to re-issue the bulk of your PKI for a simple IP change ?
    10 I assumed (incorrectly) that any change to the config would invalidate everything. @Gert Doëring pointed out that assumption was incorrect.  As a Java developer, I am abused of the concept of digital signatures where everything in a jar is protected by what amounts to a secure checksum.  Please pardon my ignorance. 
     10I assumed (incorrectly) that any change to the config would invalidate everything. @Gert Doëring pointed out that assumption was incorrect.  As a Java developer, I am abused of the concept of digital signatures where everything in a jar is protected by what amounts to a secure checksum.  Please pardon my ignorance.  Sometimes, even a "stupid" mistake can reveal weaknesses in the code.
    1212I know "you" are focused on the config change fact right now.  Please try to look past that right now and concentrate on the issue in the title: Cannnot (sic) re-issue ovpn config after revoke.  Is this not a bug?