This page includes plans and missing parts for 2.3 releases starting from 2.3-alpha2.
A few patches are still missing from this release:
- alonbl: "I think it is important to add the syshead to 2.3, trivial changes which will make our life easier."
- dazo: "I don't think we should do the syshead stuff in 2.3 ... that's changing too much code for stabilisation" -> postponing to 2.4
- d12fk: "i still have to test if syntax highlighting is broken with the .rch extension until then I will leave it out." -> postponing...
This release should not see any major code/behavioral modifications. List of tasks:
- Ask Coverity to update their OpenVPN source tree and fix any problems the Coverity Scan (static analysis) finds
List of tasks:
- Get separate Windows code-signing keys for the OSS project
- Get James' signatures to community members' GPG keys
- Integrate connectivity tests to buildslaves
These fixes should go into 2.3.3:
The chroot issue PATCH: Fix file access checks when using --chrootdone
- TLS versioning patch
- This is already in the 2.3.x tree, because it's important for long-term compatibility
- However, we can't release 2.3.3 before the new iOS client is in the Apple Appstore, because that client will break if the server has this patch --done (and iOS OpenVPN 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 connect to --master perfectly well)
trac #349 (push-continue not working)done
- trac #327 (multihome not working on FreeBSD, should be fairly trivial)
- trac #55 (--route not working on the server side if used together with --topology subnet) - at least verify that this is still an issue
- trac #141 (ipv6 reconfiguration fails on linux if 'dev tun0' is used and that existed previously)
- other open bugs from trac?
- --block-ipv6 patch from cron2 for 2.3 code base