OpenVPN Hackathon 2015
Table of Contents
This year's hackathon is organized by Steffan Karger (syzzer) and sponsored by Fox-IT.
We will stick to the format of the previous years, which means attendance is in pinciple limited to "active developers that are also regularily contributing to #openvpn-devel or the mailing list". We should have enough space in the meeting room for ~16 devs.
who is coming?
|Steffan Karger||Crypto stuff||∞||∞|
|Gert Döring||IPv6 RGI||Fri around 14:30||Sun, around 13:00-13:30|
|Jan Just Keijser||PKCS#11, speed||Fri morning||Sun, late afternoon|
|Arne Schwabe||IPv6/IPv4 Handover||Thr||Sun 14:35 train|
|Samuli Seppänen||OpenVPN 2.4/3.x||Fri afternoon||Sun, ~15:30|
|Lev Stipakov||inotify, occ_server_exit, etc||Thr evening||Sun, ~15:30|
|David Sommerseth||systemd, user/pass auth||Thu afternoon (KL1144)||Mon, early morning (KL1145)|
|Adriaan de Jong||Crypto stuff, planning||∞||∞|
The meeting is held at the office of Fox-IT: Olof Palmestraat 6, Delft, the Netherlands. Our house rules require that you allow your visit to be registered at the front desk. A valid identity document is required. See https://www.fox-it.com/en/contact/delft/ for more details.
Directions the train station to the West Cord hotel.
Directions the hotel to Fox-IT
The hackathon will take place from Oct 9 (Friday), 2015 to Oct 11 (Sunday).
Fox-IT will provide for breakfast, lunch, coffee, soft drinks, etc. during daytime.
So what is the goal of the Hackathon?
- meet in person, talk about things
- contributors agreement (CLA) for OpenVPN 3
- future development of 2.x and 3.x
- hack on the 2.4 codebase - there's a number of "large" things we could try to tackle
- new data packet format proposed for AEAD and "null-compression"
- openvpn interactive service - get code in git tree
- async plugin patch, inotify async auth patch (Lev)
- IPv6 gateway detection (rgi6)?
- how to handle servers with v4+v6 addresses and roaming clients (3G/wifi) that roam from between various brokenness variants, like "from v6+NAT64 3G to native v6 Wifi" or "to v4-only Wifi", etc.
- Go through the list of pending patches and ACK/NACK them or assign person to review them
- work on open trac issues
- lots of things to review and bugs to fix
We're all open for additions here - I think the meetings in Brussels and Munich 2013 + 2014 have shown that "just being able to sit together and hack" is a useful excercise.
A wireless guest network with internet access is available at the meeting location for sure. We will probably be able to throw a switch on the table for wired connections too (no promises yet).
Most people stay at the WestCord hotel: very close to the Fox-IT office
Alternatively, you can opt for the slightly more expensive Hampshire Hotel: farther away from the office, but closer to downtown Delft.