Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#730 closed Feature Wish (worksforme)

Feature request: do not allow to set route to OPENVPN gateway though VPN-tunnel

Reported by: mbr Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: Networking Version: OpenVPN git master branch (Community Ed)
Severity: Not set (select this one, unless your'e a OpenVPN developer) Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Hello, at a customer of mine I'm faced with the fact that when using their OpenVPN a specific route is set to the subnet in which the OpenVPN gateway resides through the VPN-tunnel?!? When using this tunnel it obviously breaks. Could there be a configuration option to deny setting specific routes to the VPN-gateway through the tunnel itself? Because now I only have to option to discard all offered routes and set them manually, which is unworkable because they are many and often updated or to delete the specific route afterwards but the settings of the routes takes somewhere between 5-20 seconds. So I have to set my script to wait for 20 seconds after having to wait for my WiFi? to come up. And if the route is deleted to soon I have to kill to OpenVPN tunnel and try again.. Annoying to say at least.. And the customer is not willing to change the OpenVPN settings just for me because they themself use another OS in which this route is not set somehow..

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Gert Döring

add --redirect-private to your openvpn config and things should be fine. If not, show the log.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by Gert Döring

Resolution: worksforme

No feedback for 5 weeks - I'm closing the ticket (as I assume I've provided a workaround).

If that does not help: please provide a log, and reopen.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.